Requirements for enrolling in the FMSP course
To join the FMSP course, you must be a graduate student belonging to one of the following three departments:
Graduate School of Mathematical Sciences, the University of Tokyo
Department of Physics, Graduate School of Science, the University of Tokyo
Department of Earth and Planetary Science, Graduate School of Science, the University of Tokyo
and fulfill all of the requirements listed below:
- You aim to acquire a PhD degree in mathematical sciences, in a broad sense of the term.
- You are interested in the social/industrial applications of mathematical sciences, and eager to actively learn about them.
- You fully understand the purpose of the FMSP course, as well as its rules, such as course requirements.
- You intend to enroll in the Doctoral program at one of the above-listed three departments.*
- You agree to apply for DC1 in the JSPS Research Fellowship for Young Scientists, and should you be accepted, you also agree to stay in the FMSP course.**
- You understand and agree to the fact that your PhD diploma will bear a note saying that you have completed the FMSP course.
* You may not enroll in the FMSP course if you are planning to find business employment when you finish your Master's program.
** It is also required to apply for DC2 in the JSPS Research Fellowship for Young Scientists in Doctoral years for those who are qualified for application.
*** The applicants for this program are not allowed to apply for the other Leading Graduate Programs and WINGS.